RIGHT TO INFORMATION
Information related to CGI, Birgunj: -
- Applications seeking information under the Act may be sent to the Central Public Information Officer (CPIO) along with a fee of Nepali Rupees 16/- only through a bank draft favoring Consulate General of India, Birgunj. It may be noted that information provided under the Act is available to citizens of India only. Applications should be submitted along with documentary proof of Indian Citizenship (like copy of personal particulars pages of passport). More information is available at http://rti.gov.in.
- Applicants are advised to send their requests under the RTI Act to the Consulate only when the subject matter pertains to the Consulate.
- For information about CGI, Birgunj required under Section 4(1) of the RTI Act, 2005, pleaseClick here.
- The names and contact details of CPIO and the Appellate Authority are as follows:
Central Public Information Officer (CPIO):
Shri Rajesh Kumar, Consul (ICS)
Telephone No. 00-977-51-531422
Fax No. 00-977-51-534415
Shri B.C. Pradhan, Consul General
Telephone No. 00-977-51-532211
Fax No. 00-977-51-532269
Information related to other GoI offices / Public Authorities: -
- As per section 6(1) (a) of the RTI Act, 2005, a person who desires to obtain information under the Act is required to submit the application directly to the Central Central Public Information Officer of the "respective public authority". While section 6(3) provides for the transfer of RTI application to the CPIO of concerned department, this is clearly meant to cover situations where the application is addressed to a CPIO on the reasonable assumption that it pertains to his department/office. Where the information required clearly does not pertain to the Consulate, the application may be addressed to the CPIO concerned directly.
Purchase of "e-IPO" (Electronic Indian Postal Order) to seek information under RTI by Indian Nationals abroad:
The Indian nationals abroad can purchase an "e-IPO" (Electronic Indian Postal Order) by paying fee on-line through e-Post Office Portal i.e. http://www.epostoffice.gov.in to seek information under RTI Act, 2005 from public authorities in India.
The user needs to get himself registered at the website. He has to select the Ministry/Department from he desires to seek information under RTI Act and e-IPO so generated can be used to seek the information under RTI Act from that Ministry/Department only. A printout of the e-IPO is required to be attached with the RTI application. If the RTI application is being filed electronically, e-IPO is required to be attached as an attachment.